My All-time FAVORITE sunshine shot
I’ve an award!
My favorite demon-runner nominated me for this prestigious award, and I’ve had a great time visiting her little slice of the interewebz. Go have a read, I promise it will be worth it! Outrunning My Demons
As for the Sunshine Blogger Award? Yea, it’s one of those bouncing blog posts that cycle through the ‘net, full of questions to be answered and more to be asked. The ‘rules’ are simple, if one wishes to follow them:
Here are the rules for being nominated…
- Thank the blogger that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog
Usually, I take a browse through the questions, and if something pokes the goofy muse, we dutifully apply fingers to keyboard. So, congrats, (not)Alissa…you woke the sleepy one, who quickly downed an entire pot of coffee and started digging through movie posters in search of answers, because after all that caffeine, she was too twitchy to type properly.
I was asked…
1. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
Anything and everything I come into contact with is potential blog-fodder…so I write about life…all life, not just the alien kind, although I’m certain there are certain celebrities who’ve forged their birth certificates to more closely resemble humans…
2. Do you prefer salty or sweet?
Wave crispy, salty, starchy snacks in my face, and I fold like an origami sculpture. I have no defense against the humble potato.
3. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
Don’t ask me about the weather, the traffic, the news or politics, and I won’t have to pretend I didn’t hear your opening salvo into that dread social contrivance called small talk. Seriously, I’d rather endure non-anesthetized invasive surgery while listening to Beethoven’s 9th symphony being whistled off key.
4. Where is your number one place you would like to visit?
I have to give co-thanks to Steve Martin and my 4th grade teacher, with an additional nod to the Egyptian National Museum for allowing King Tut to get out of his dusty tomb/exhibit and travel the world, for my absolute OBSESSION with all things ancient Egyptian…so if anyone out there is willing to spring for tickets/lodging/meals/passport documentation/ immunizations any some discretionary spending funds…I’ll be the first on the first plane heading out there. I’ve got the extra vacation time, because I NEVER GO ANYWHERE.
5. Where is the most beautiful place you have ever traveled to?
I say again: I NEVER GO ANYWHERE. My last ‘adventure’ was the funeral in February, travel time >2 hours. I simply don’t travel well.
Been to some pretty locations in this state, however. The Dells (as long as you veer away from the tourist traps), up the thumb, and the Chippewa Valley are all jam-packed with some awesome vistas. And…if you’re like me and love water, come spend some time with me meditating along the Fox River or on the banks of Lake Michigan. Leave the Speedo at home, though, because they MEAN it when they say “Cooler by the Lake.”
6. If you were forced to pick one…Are you beauty, brawn, or brains?
Actual quote from me before coffee….
7. What is your birth order?
I am 3rd. I was the most awesomest child in the entire world…the one that the parents decided was the perfect child and that they couldn’t improve on with future offspring…until my little brother came along and foiled this joke.
I’ve spent the remaining years of my life becoming the hugest pain in the ass the family has ever seen.
Maybe my weirdness is because I’m a Sidhe changeling?
8. What book/movie closely resembles the story of your life?
OK, I’ll admit…the muse and I argued back and forth over this one…so we decided to add them both to this answer. The first, because it’s as apt as apt can get in this day and age, and the second because Weird Al is my idol.
How can you NOT love a guy who’s made his way through life absorbing the artistic creations of his peers, then improving them with a healthy dash of Weird?
9. What is the temperature outside right now?
This may have the letters G, I, N, P, R, and S arranged in an order I have refused to type out, but I didn’t officially TYPE the letters in that order. And, there are other letters jammed right up against them, so I’ve managed to keep the ban against that word intact.
According to the Wunderground, it is 56 degrees and sunny. Should make a fantastic walk home tonight. I think the slinky has officially started down the stairs here in Wisconsin.
10. What is the last thing you ate?
I’ve followed the Ketogenic style of eating for almost 2 years, now…so the bacon should come as no surprise. I have a few slices every morning, coupled with a hard boiled egg and a slice of low-carb bread, and wash it all down with a large cup of coffee with cream.
Any ‘diet’ that encourages the consumption of bacon is a diet I can stick to.
11. What is your favorite hobby?
Unless you literally fell into my blog last night, you’ll know that I have an obsession with twisting little metal jump rings into slinky, twisty, comical and sometimes extremely colorful patterns.
In my world, chainmaille is not just a hobby, it’s a deeply held conviction that life could be better if everyone just wore handmade chains.
Nominees to continue the madness? Well, this is the part I normally don’t like to do, because it sounds way too much like assigning homework to an unlucky student. Blogging is supposed to be fun and spontaneous – not a chore. If this wasn’t fun, I wouldn’t have maintained the T&T for the 4 (?) years I’ve been pounding the keys developing it. But still….there are a couple of vict…er…bloggers out there I’m dying to spread a little sunshine to. So…without further ado…I’d like to award little patches of sunshine to:
Hello Dearest Hurricane
The Shameful Sheep
Patience of Willow
The Real Reality Show Blog
You guys are ALL awesome bloggers, and I’m pleased as punch to browse the dusty corners of your respective webspaces.
So here…satisfy my curiosity…and feel free to skip any questions that require the use of a slide rule, advanced mathematics or a crystal ball.
- make me the yummiest sammich to ever grace a plate.
- Do you like your handwriting?
- After that glorious morning pee, what’s the first thing you do?
- If you have 20 apples and some bully comes along and bruises half of them in New York, how long does it take the train travelling to Albuquerque to make a savory picnic pie from the remains?
- Tell me what’s in your iPod/MP3 player playlist, or the CD in your car stereo right now?
- Keeping with the music theme…shuffle or straight through albums?
- How soon after the advance ticket sales did you buy your seats for the opening night of Avengers: Infinity Wars?
- Have you watched all the other Marvel Universe movies in preparation for this event?
- Why won’t WordPress let me skip a number in this numbered list?
- Boxers or briefs (or other, I totally won’t judge!)?
- What’s the first thing you notice about people?
- What makes you unique?
Have fun with it…can’t wait to see what ya’ll come up with 😀